Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday.

Manny Pacquiao won over Ricky Hatton. KO during the 2nd round.

Thank god. I'm sure that it brought a lot of tension to the Filipino boxing fans out there. Although I feel really sorry for those who don't have cable on their TV's. They had to wait for a long time. I found out about Pacquiao from a Plurk and everyone in my neighborhood shouted screaming. If I don't know how important or big this thing is, I'd would really believe that it's scripted and they timed it. I'm the only one not rejoicing. I don't see anything big about it, honestly. I can't appreciate it. I appreciate Pacquiao's goodness to the country and everything he has done to help us, but I just can't appreciate the sport itself. That's probably why I'm not rejoicing. In fact, I'm annoyed. I wouldn't be surprised if someone fainted from too much rejoicing.

I remembered this debate we had in the Univ. of the Philippines, Los BaƱos. The motion was: This House Laments the Overglorification of Manny Pacquiao. We got the negative side. I can remember clearly that this was the last debate for the day, and we were practically all out of hope that we'd win. So we just thought on why we DON'T lament the overglorification of Manny Pacquiao.

Just keep in mind that there's always a big difference between overglorification and overreacting. ;)

0 comments: